Sunday, September 9, 2007

Message #4 - Humility

It’s not about us; it is God working through us and others that are responsible for our achievements


My Faith in God has taught me to know that:

  • There are Godly influences and inspirations in our lives, without which we could not, and would not, achieved anything of any significance. To put it another way “It’s not about us; it is God working through us and others that are responsible for our achievements".

  • I’ve kept this little newspaper clipping since 1973 when I was 16 years old (my sophomore year in High School), when I first started having wrestling success. The previous year I had little success; I had almost as many wins as losses.

  • I saw this clipping in the Geauga Times Leader newspaper from my hometown, Chardon Ohio, and it had a profound effect on me. This shaped my perspective on any success I had in wrestling, or anything else to this very day.

  • I realized that it's to God and the Godly influences and inspirations upon our lives that we must give the credit to.

  • All the ability and talent we possess are God’s gift to each of us.

  • My faith in God continuously reminds me I’ve been blessed with gifts far beyond that which I deserve. So much so that I can only give the glory and honor to the one that bestows the gifts, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, GOD

No comments: