The first time I heard the phrase "Living Backward in Time" I questioned what it meant. I thought it had something to do with living in the past... something we definitely don't want to do. However once I fully understood what it meant I immediately embraced the concept.
- Start with the Goal you want to attain (which is a future event) visualize and embrace the goal as if you have already attained it... Know that it's yours.
- Once you've visualized and embraced the goal ask yourself "how did I get here?"
- Write down all the things you did to get to your Goal... the training, preparation, studying, discipline, sacrificing etc...
- From that point... "Live Backward in Time" to the present (this is the point you're at right now) doing all the things necessary to make sure the future events unfold the way you envisioned it.
- Each day "TiVo" your life and watch the replay of your past days actions, accessing whether your actions really do align with the things you've outlined in #3 above as the "way you got to your goal."
- TAKE ACTION!
- If your actions of the past day aren't in line with step#3 above (and in turn your goal)... make a CHANGE... CHANGE THE NEXT EPISODE of your upcoming day's actions so that your are always on track!