Friday, September 30, 2011

Message #114 - "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU"

Live Your Dream..!

A woman lay on her bed at the end of her life waiting to die.

Her dream came to pay his last respects and bid farewell to the woman who had never used it.

As it entered the room the woman hung her head down in shame and embarrassment.

“Why did you not realize me?” the dream asked.

“Because I was afraid,” the woman replied.

“Afraid of what?” asked the dream.

“I was afraid I would fail.”

“But haven’t you failed by not attempting to use me?”.

“Yes I did. But I’ve been busy. I always thought there would be tomorrow to pursue my dreams.”

“You Foolish woman!” said the dream. “Did it never occur to you that there was only ever today? The moment that you are in right now? Do you think now that death is here you can put it off until tomorrow?”

“No…” sighed the woman, a tear gently slipping down her cheek.

The dream was softer now, because it knew that there were two types of pain, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret, and while discipline weighs mere ounces, regret weighs pounds.

Then the dream leaned forward to gently wipe the tear away from her cheek and whispered, “You need only have taken the first step, and I would have taken one to meet you, for the only thing that ever separated us was the belief in your mind that you couldn’t have me”.

Then they said goodbye and they both died.

--- Adapted from anonymous story about a man’s dream
www.LeeKemp.com

No comments: