I Learned That There's a Big Difference Between the Two From John Taylor, a high school team mate from my alma matter,Chardon High School.
What do I mean by this?:
- Learning something well enough that we get it right almost all the time still leaves room for mistakes and errors. After all "No Body's Perfect"...Right?...Wrong...You Can BE Perfect!
- You may say "well isn't that good enough?" Well most people would say that it is good enough. Well this level of proficiency requires a great deal of effort to maintain, because there are let downs in performance every now and then, and it is difficult to manage the highs and lows.
- When you push beyond mere consistency to the level of perfection is when you become unbeatable.
- At this level you don't know how to fail (or lose).
- Your not concerned about whether you will win or lose, succeed or fail...but your focus and attention turns towards how dominate your wins or successes will be.
- Think of how your attitude would be if you didn't have to worry about, whether or not you were going to win or succeed; but rather all your focus could be concentrated on "how bad am I going to win or succeed".